Know What To Bring...
If you plan on filling out the FAFSA online at the event, in addition to the items on the checklist below, please make sure you:
1. Apply for your Pin at www.pin.ed.gov
For more information on the PIN, please visit: http://studentaid.ed.gov/sites/default/files/what-is-a-pin.pdf
Having the right information with you at a College Goal South Carolina 2014 event will make the process much easier, so bring as many items on the FAFSA 2014-2015 checklist as you can:
- 2013 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned**
- Social Security number (you can find this on your social security card)
- Driver's license (of any kind)
- 2013 year-end pay stubs and other year-end records of money received
- 2013 untaxed income records (Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records)
- 2013 bank statements
- 2013 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
*If you are not a dependent student, you do not need the listed items from your parent(s)/guardian(s).
To determine if you are a dependent or independent student, watch this video for more information.
**You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.